What is the guarantee period for the articles?
All items are guaranteed for 2 years against defects in workmanship, to maintain the guarantee, the item can only be opened at the official service of the brand, otherwise it will lose automatically.
Is it necessary to stamp the brand guarantee?
It is not necessary, just present the invoice / receipt you received from our store at the time of purchase. This is the document valid for the brand.
How to care for my jewelry?
Polished surface parts are naturally scratch sensitive; the same principle should apply to the use of stone parts. These, in case of damage, by their peculiarity, are sometimes difficult to replace.
Wear is not a production error - every jewelry should be handled and used with care so as to preserve its integrity over time. Please note the following precautions:
- Do not use while washing your hands, take a shower, sleep or play sports.
- Avoid using in the pool or at the beach, contact with sea water and sand can damage the jewelry.
- Keep jewelry away from perfumes, cosmetics, hair products like lacquers and other chemicals.
- Avoid applying exaggerated efforts on the parts as well as doing heavy services where the part is subject to scratch by friction with other objects.
- Sweat and skin pH can also influence the loss of color or darkening of the part.
- To keep the jewelry clean, you can use a soft cloth, silver cloth, without any kind of chemical, to restore its brightness and take away small stains. Chemicals should never be used for cleaning.
Are there silver jewelry that oxidize?
- The pieces of sterling silver change color with the passage of time, a phenomenon that is called oxidation, that is, the darkening of the jewel. This is only an outer layer that accumulates in the jewelry and does not affect its quality at all, occurring even when the jewelry is stored for some time without any use.
- All the oxidation is superficial and is due to the reaction of each organism in contact with the jewel like, for example, the air pollution or the contact with the skin. In the last case, and varying from person to person, there may be several origins for oxidation, including stress (can cause release of uric acid through the skin - transpiration), certain medications, contact with cosmetics, perfumes and even baths pool or beach.
- Additional care will be to store the jewelry individually in plastic bags with silica gel, preventing direct contact with air and moisture. However, even under these conditions, oxidation will continue to occur, as it is a natural process of silver, but at a slower rate.
- Silver jewelry with the conventional silver color may or may not have rhodium plating, and if they do not, they will not be protected from oxidation such as gold plated or rose gold plated pieces.
What is the rhodium bath?
- For its resistence and brilliance, rhodium is widely used in the jewelery industry, in the finishing stage of silver and white gold jewelry.
- In the case of silver, this bath is given to create a protective layer on the part, giving brightness and avoiding its oxidation. However, it is important to note that the rhodium bath is not eternal. Jewelry such as rings are more susceptible to wear than other parts as they are used more often. Generally, the rhodium bath begins to suffer wear with 1-2 years of use, but in jewelry used sporadically, the signs may appear later.
- In general, the rhodium bath protects the silver piece from rusting (darkening), but everything will always depend on the use and care of each.